The precise flow control performance of the AB-QM with a Danfoss actuator provides increased comfort and superior Total Cost of Ownership because of savings made on:
- Efficient energy transfer and minimal pumping costs since there are no overflows at partial loads because of the exact pressure independent flow limitation.
- Smaller pump investments and lower energy consumption as the pump head needed is lower than in the traditional setup. With the built-in test plugs it is easy to troubleshoot and find the optimal setpoint for the pump.
- Reduced movements of the actuator since the built-in differential pressure controller ensure the pressure fluctuations do not influence the room temperature.
- Achieving a stable temperature in a room leading to a lower average temperature at the same comfort level.
- Minimal flow complaints, as the valve performs as designed.
- Minimal blockage complaints, as the membrane design makes AB-QM less susceptible to blockage than a cartridge type construction.
- Trouble-free segmentation of the building project. When sections of a project are finished, they can normally not be handed over to the customer with a fully functional HVAC installation. However, the AB-QM with a Danfoss actuator will automatically control the flow, even when other parts of the installation are still unfinished. The AB-QM doesn’t need to be adjusted after finalization of the project.
- Commissioning costs are close to zero because of the convenient setting procedure that doesn’t require flow charts, calculations or measuring equipment. The AB-QM valves can be set to a precise design value even when the system is up and running.
- Lower installation costs as the AB-QM valve covers two functions, Balancing and Control.